The Canadian Mental Health Association, Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Branch, is a non-profit agency that strives to enhance the mental wellness and quality of life of people in our diverse community.
Through our direct services, education, advocacy and consumer involvement we work together to create an environment that supports mental well being.
- All individuals have a right to freely choose and fully participate in all aspects of community life.
- Through consumer involvement, we create an environment that supports individual well being.
- We have a responsibility to contribute to an environment conducive to mental wellness.
- Each person is unique and valued as an individual in our community.
- People have a right to receive services and support in their own community.
- By building community support we contribute to individual mental wellness and community well being.
- The community must work collaboratively to meet the basic needs of its members.
To advocate with, and provide programs and services for, people with mental disorders. We aim to enhance, maintain and promote the mental health of all individuals and communities.
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Hastings & Prince Edward Branch, is a provincial charitable organization with a community focus. Our mission is achieved through public education, social action, advocacy, research and policy development – as well as our programs and services. Whenever possible we carry out our activities in partnership with other organizations and individuals.
These fundamental and shared values are at the heart of the Hastings & Prince Edward Branch’s mission. They unite us and provide inspiration for the organization’s goals. An organization is strengthened when these values and beliefs are reviewed from time to time – reaffirming that they are in fact guiding the organization.