Our counsellors offer short-term (8 to 12 sessions) strength-based and solution-focused counselling that empowers clients and provides tools to manage and improve mental health and well being. We operate from a recovery framework and work with clients to develop healthy coping strategies, social, interpersonal and life skills as well as help them connect with the community. There is no cost to this program.
Who can qualify for this program?
- Individuals over the age of 24 only. We do not provide counselling for couples or families.
- People who need/want short term counselling.
- People living in our catchment area of Hastings and Prince Edward and Brighton.
- Anyone who is on a waiting list for services for another agency.
- Individuals participating in another program within our agency.
We help clients find solutions and strengths, and gain tools to deal with life situations. We provide assistance in maintaining mental wellness until other services start. Clients can be connected to other community resources through referrals as necessary.
Contact our office at (613) 969-8874 to set up an appointment to speak with a counsellor to ensure program fit.